NEW CPD 2021/22: Successful Middle Leadership programme (7 sessions) starts Tuesday 16th November 2021
Designed and facilitated by experienced school leaders from the BTSA, our "Successful Middle Leadership" programme is aimed at secondary school teachers who are aspiring, new or existing subject or department leaders.
Middle leaders play a vital role in schools, balancing the demands of translating strategic vision into classroom practice while meeting the needs of the pupils and staff with which they work. With such a varied and challenging job, it is essential that middle leaders have the skills and knowledge to help them fulfil their role. This course is designed to help individuals reflect on their current practice and explore leadership thinking, including the new Ofsted framework. Our aim is to develop the capacity of participants to be confident and successful middle leaders.
- Each session is delivered by a recognised specialist, with first-hand experience of leadership and management within schools
- Seven twilight sessions (4.00pm-5.30pm) addressing key leadership topics
- Sessions take place November 2021 - April 2022
- Between sessions each participant will have the opportunity to reflect and build on their approach to leadership through an Action Research Project focused on their work in school
- Course facilitator Nicola Spearman, Deputy Head, The King John School
For individual session details, please select our Sessions tab on the Training Courses tab.
For pdf. programme flyer, please view Successful Middle Leadership 2021-22
TO REGISTER FOR A PLACE ON THIS PROGRAMME, PLEASE SELECT THE FIRST SESSION OF THIS PROGRAMME ON OUR TRAINING COURSES TAB, ADD NUMBER OF DELEGATES TO THE CART AND COMPLETE OUR BOOKING PROCEDURE. THE PRICE STATED RELATES TO ALL SEVEN SESSIONS OF THIS COURSE.
This course will now be delivered through a combination of face-to-face and online sessions via Zoom. Face-to-face training will only be offered if appropriate and in line with current government guidelines.