Secondary Successful Leadership programme 2023/24 (6-sessions): Session 1 - Leadership & Management(ID 1160)
If you have any questions or would like help to make your booking, please telephone 01268 754137.
Click for prices!
- Important Info
Designed and facilitated by experienced school leaders from the BTSA, our "Successful Leadership" programme is aimed at secondary teachers who are aspiring, new or existing subject leaders or departmental leaders.
Leaders play a vital role in schools, balancing the demands of translating strategic vision into classroom practice while meeting the needs of the pupils and staff with which they work. With such a varied and challenging job, it is essential that leaders have the skills and knowledge to help them fulfil their role. This 6-session course is designed to help individuals reflect on their current practice and develop their capacity to be confident and successful middle and senior leaders.
- Each session is delivered by a recognised specialist, with first-hand experience of leadership and management within schools
- Six twilight sessions (4.15pm-5.45pm) addressing key leadership topics
- Sessions take place November 2023 - February 2024
- Between sessions each participant will have the opportunity to reflect and build on their approach to leadership through an Action Research Project focused on their work in school
- Course facilitator Nicola Spearman, Deputy Head, The King John School
For individual session details, please select our Sessions tab above.
To view pdf. Successful Leadership Programme 2023-24
TO BOOK A PLACE ON THIS PROGRAMME, PLEASE ADD NUMBER OF DELEGATES TO THE CART ABOVE AND COMPLETE OUR BOOKING PROCEDURE. THE PRICE STATED ABOVE RELATES TO ALL SIX SESSIONS OF THIS COURSE.
This course will be delivered through face-to-face sessions at The King John School. Face-to-face training will only be offered if appropriate and in line with current government guidelines.
|No. of people||Description||Price|
Wednesday 1st November 2023 (4.15-5.45pm) at The King John School
Leadership and Management
- Characteristics of successful leaders and managers
- Values, vision and strategic planning
- Introduction to the individual Action Research project
Wednesday 15th November 2023 (4.15pm-5.45pm) at The King John School
Addressing the needs of children through an inclusive curriculum design
- How do you lead on learning that makes a difference to students' outcomes?
- Meeting the diverse needs of learners
- Curriculum planning - long & short term
- Resource implications that support delivery of the plans
- Clarification of individual Action Research project
Wednesday 6th December 2023 (4.15pm-5.45pm) at The King John School
Leading and supporting a successful and sustainable team
- Leading your team through change
- Roles and responsibilities within the team
Wednesday 10th January 2024 (4.15pm-5.45pm) at The King John School
Quality assurance - lesson observations, work scrutiny and feedback from students
- Record keeping, data collection and use
- Discussion of on-going Action Research project
Wednesday 31st January 2024 (4.15pm-5.45pm) at The King John School
The importance of communication
- How to handle difficult conversations
Wednesday 28th February 2024 (4.15pm-5.45pm) at The King John School
Action Research Presentation & Celebration event
- Participants present their Action Research projects focusing on an aspect of their own Leadership
This event will be held at The King John School:
The King John School
This event will be held in the meeting room in the Humanities block which is situated at the rear of The King John School. Please come to the school entrance on Benfleet Road and park in the car park at the rear. The Humanities Block is located to the left of the car park and participants will be able to sign in at reception there.
Please can all delegates ensure they arrive at their destination 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the event. This will allow time for delegates to sign in at reception and be escorted to the meeting room. When attending an online event, please join the meeting on time and muted (unless requested otherwise) to ensure all delegates are able to hear the facilitator.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should delegates wish to cancel a place on a course you must notify the BTSA Manager, Denise Mair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to attend a course will be considered a cancellation and as such no refund will be offered. If you cancel a place on a fee-paying course within four working weeks, 50% of the fee paid will be reimbursed. Cancellations received within two working weeks will incur the full fee paid. Non-attendance of funded or free places without notification of extenuating circumstances within 48 hours will result in a charge to the school/organisation of £35 per session. Please inform us if you are unable to attend as this may allow another delegate to attend in your place.
Showing all this categories events, places available, in all locations. Filter locations by selecting only the ones you wish to see. . Click a course to book.