Applying To BTSA For A Teacher Training Place
Your next steps - in no particular order:
- Attend one of the local recruitment events to find out more about the programme and speak to others who have completed the programme or are currently involved.
- Review your qualifications to check you meet the requirements.
- Search for the relevant ITT course. If you wish to train with the BTSA, search under BTSA (Benfleet TSA).
- Applications open mid-October through the new GOV.UK service Apply for teacher training:
Our courses can be found by entering BTSA into the search area.
- Apply for teacher training is easy to use and gives clear guidance to help potential teachers make strong applications. To learn more about the new service and to get help with your application, visit
Get into Teaching: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk
- Complete your application form ensuring that your references are complete in the relevant sections as the form does not get sent until they are completed.
- For further information about our programme, please view our YouTube recording:
The BTSA and every partner school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training in induction which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.